Jetstar airways are committed to their service, including departure and arrival of the flights on time. However, sometimes, Jetstar cancels the flight due to bad weather, technical issues, or operational issues. Or there are times when passengers cancel their reservation due to another emergency, In that case, the reservations can be canceled, and passengers can request a refund. According to the Jetstar airways cancellation policy, passengers can request for refund accordingly-
Jetstar airways cancellation policy
- Passengers can claim a full refund if the reservations are canceled within 24 hours of the booking. A refund is applicable if the cancellation is made after 24 hours, but a cancellation fee will be charged depending on the fare type.
- If the users have brought the tickets from any other agent or any third-party agent, they have their policies, which are applied at the time of cancellation and refund.
- If the users don't want the refund, they can also rebook the flight or exchange the tickets for the Jetstar credits, which can be used for future use. While if you choose a refund, then it'll be credited to the original payment method.
- Suppose the delay or cancellation is made from the Jetstar airways side within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time. In that case, they'll book the reservation for the passenger in the next available Jetstar flight at no additional charge. Alternatively, passengers are also eligible for the refund, conditions applied.
How long does it take to get a refund from Jetstar?
Passengers' safety and satisfaction are the priority of Jetstar. However, when the passenger claims a refund, there is some Jetstar airways refund policy under which they approve and initiate the refund request. To request the refund, passengers can follow these steps-
- Visit the manage booking section on the official website of Jetstar airlines.
- Fill up the details like the booking id, first name, and the passenger's last name.
- A page will appear with all the details, review it and then click on the cancel tab.
- After canceling the reservation, you'll be notified through email.
- Fill in the refund request form with all the details required.
- The standard time of the refund by the Jetstar airline is 5-7 days, after the approval of the refund request from the Jetstar airlines.
After requesting a refund, some passengers face difficulty in how to get a refund from Jetstar online. In that case, passengers can also connect to the customer support executives for refund requests.