Travel plans are made considering all the situations in mind. But changes are inevitable, and sometimes they cause us to mold our plans. Due to that, many passengers need to change their flight tickets. If you have booked your flight ticket with Southwest Airlines, you can do it with ease.
If you are looking for an answer for how to change a flight date on Southwest, this article has a lot for you. You will learn to change the Southwest flight and know the flight change policy as well. Let's check the procedure for the flight change at Southwest Airlines first.
How to change Southwest Airlines Flight ?
• You need to head to the official website of Southwest Airlines.
• Hit the Change/Cancel button from the right side of the homepage.
• You have to enter your flight confirmation number and your full name in the blanks.
• Select the Change Flight option and click on the Search button.
• You will find your flight details on the next page.
• Click on the Edit button to modify the date of your travel.
• Once you select the date, you will see the Find Flights option.
• You need to select a new flight according to the revised date.
• Follow the on-screen instructions and pay the difference fare if applicable.
• You will get a notification of your new flight in the email box.
By following the above steps, you will be able to change your flight with Southwest Airlines. If you are willing to change the flight right away, it will be beneficial if you know some major change policies of the airline.
Important points to consider before Southwest Flight Change
• Southwest Airlines never charges a flight change fee, but you need to pay the fare difference.
• If the new flight has a lower fare, the remaining amount will be added to the travel fund.
• The last change you can make to your ticket is before 24 hours of the scheduled departure.
These are some major points you should know before changing the flight with Southwest Airlines. If you feel some issue in changing the flight online, you can contact customer support to change the flight date Southwest. You need to provide some information regarding your journey, and the customer representative of Southwest will help you in the flight change process.